Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 1 Notes at Bible Study with Harry

Some of us are going through the motions with the horse without knowing why we are doing it. This is modern horsemanship. It is as if we need to stay safe from the very essence of the horse..."organized horsemanship." It is performance based. "Do you realize what the horses are saying while we are working with them? 'AMATEURS! I'm working with AMATEURS!' at being a horse!

With organized religion, it is the same thing. It protects us from coming into contact with the very essence of God.

Likewise, we are amaterus at being Christ-like. We do such a sorry job of it.

[[NOTE: Much of what is here in this blog are quotes from Harry Whitney or Ronnie Moyer. However, I hesitate indicating this with quotation marks as no matter what a person says, there is something lost in the translation and I certainly don't want to misquote. So while much of what I share here is what I *think* I heard one or the other of them say...well, if you don't like what you read, then just blame me and don't go emailing Harry that I am quoting him...I am not. I am quoting my remembrance of things he said based on my notes. In the instant that I *am* very sure (like when he repeated it numerous times)...then sure...I might add quotation marks...]]

We must shift to a different hill to look at things the way horses do. It doesn't look the same as the view from my own little hill. And to understand God's view of the world, we need to move to another hill, too.

People get braced and some animosity comes out--they use what us amateurs present to try to understand God...and all the while they don't understand that we are amateurs at being Christ-like.

No comments: